Present Perfect



Publication Date: August 1, 2013
Length: 420 pages 
Format/sKindle Edition: $3.99
Paperback: $13.18
Amazon: Present Perfect
 
add to goodreads 

Amanda Kelly spent her entire life trying to control every aspect of it, while striving for perfection. Her obsession with being perfect, along with her feelings of worthlessness, consumed her. The one thing she thought was perfect in her life was the bond she shared with her best friend, Noah. Everything was going according to her life plan until she woke up one day and realized she had fallen in love with him. The one thing she couldn’t control was the affect he had on her. Noah had the power to give her one hundred lifetimes of happiness, which also gave him the power to completely devastate her. He was the one thing in her life that was perfect, but she couldn't allow herself to have him.Her life begins to unravel. Events take over and force her to let go of her dreams and desires. She needs to realize that a person cannot control the events in their life, only their reaction to them...but will it be too late for her to save her relationship with her best friend? Present Perfect is a story of how past events have present consequences and how perfect your present could be if you stopped fighting and just allowed it to happen.

Review

Cover: 3
Plot: 5
Characters: 5

Overall Rating: 5

Present Perfect was such an emotional read I was scared I was going to start hyperventilating and wouldn't stop crying. This is the kind of book that even after years of not reading it you would still remember all the details. 

I was looking for a light read and then I saw this one and decided "Oh, this looks fun!" and boy was I surprised. I ended up riding an emotional roller coaster and even though riding it was scary and pains me very much, I didn't want it to stop. This book has so many quotable quotes and I would write all of them down below if I could but the word count is not enough. So here is a selection of quotes that I have really loved.
You've always been my girl and always will be. No one will ever take me away from you, Tweet. You’re my heart and soul and that’s never going to change, no matter what you say.”

“I’m so glad I was here long enough to meet you. Thank you for giving me someone to miss.”

“I wouldn’t be able to get through this without you. The one good thing about all of this has been that you were brought into my life.”

Let's just take some time and appreciate the beauty of this book. If you are still not convinced even after all the quotes I have given you then let me tell you what the book is about. (This part should have been written earlier, but I just can't contain my excitement for this book)

Amanda and Noah has been best friends from the very start. Amanda started to get feelings for Noah that wasn't appropriate for friends and even though it seems Noah also has feelings for her, she can't act on it because she feels that he deserves someone better than her.

I hate the I'M-NO-GOOD-FOR-YOU act most heroines got, but in this book it just worked. Amanda was the second child after her sister who was practically perfect so she grew up doubting herself. She has had a thing for Noah for a while already but she's afraid that if they went out and it didn't work out, they'd lose everything they had. So in that aspect, I feel that her fear was not misplaced. Though at times I was irritated with her for being so self-depreciating, I still love her character.

Noah has had feelings for Amanda even before Amanda realized she had feelings for him. I loved the character of Nick very much since he was patient and very understanding but a guy can only take so much. So when he decided to get his needs fulfilled elsewhere, I wasn't very mad at him.

The sexual tension between Noah and Amanda was so evident that they had a hard time fighting it. Dalton is a character that would be introduced in the latter part of this book and he is by far my favorite of them all even if he only had a short exposure time in this book he made an impact not only on Amanda's life but also on mine.

One thing I also liked about this book was it started out with the childhood of Amanda and Noah so the build up between them wasn't fast and it made me feel like I have known the characters for a very long time.

This book was so amazing and utterly perfect I am sure this would not be the last book I will read from Allison Bailey.


No comments:

Post a Comment