The Writer's Coffee Shop Publishing House Presents...
Hot Summer Romance Blog Tour Featuring N.K. Smith, M.A. Stacie,
A Novel by
J. J. McAvoy
SummaryTo the outside world, they look like American Royalty, giving to charities, feeding the homeless, rebuilding the city. But behind closed doors is a constant battle for dominance between two Bosses, cultures, and hearts.
Ruthless People is a romantic crime fiction set in modern day Chicago, and follows the life and marriage of Melody Giovanni and Liam Callahan—rivals by blood and leaders through fear. Their marriage, arranged by their fathers in hopes to end years of bloodshed between the Irish and the Italians. Liam believes he’s getting a simple-minded wife, one he can control, one who bends to his every need . . . the complete opposite of Melody. She knows exactly what type of man he is, and would rather die than give up the power she has spent her life building. The Mafia of the past has evolved, and with rival bosses gunning for them, Melody and Liam will have to learn to work as one to take down those who stand in their way.
J. J. McAvoy first started working on Ruthless People during a Morality and Ethics lecture her freshman year of college. X number of years later, she is an insomniac who has changed her major three times, and is a master in the art of procrastination. If you ask her why she began writing, she will simply tell you “They wanted to get their story out.” She is currently working on her next novel . . . so please bug her on Twitter @JJMcAvoy
Connect with J.J. McAvoy
Enter for HUGE giveaway! Sizzlin' Summer Fun!
Other Featured Authors
Interview with author JJ. McAvoy
on her novel
So I was given the chance to ask questions from author J.J Mcavoy and here it is! I was so excited to ask her some of these questions since the book Ruthless People was a book that really made an impact to me.
1. What inspired you to write Melody Giovanni?
a. For me there was this need to write a fully badass and strong woman. I wanted her to be amazing. Kind of like the iron lady.
2. Was the ending of the book something you've already thought about before writing the book or did it just come to you while writing?
a. I had no idea what the end of my books will be until the last two or three chapters. Each time it is a surprise to me.
3. What can the readers expect from the next book in the trilogy?a. I will say now there will be a cliff hanger and that everything is about to be turned on it’s head. By the end you will find yourself asking who really is untouchable?
4. Who did you picture while writing Liam Callahan?
a. That changes daily! Honestly there have been so many guys I’ve thought about who could play him. However I’m not sure.
5. Are you interested in the Mafia? What made you write these characters from Mafia families?
a. I’ve always been interested in the Mafia but I think I’ve always been in love with anti-heroes. There is always more depth to them. What makes them bad? Will they stay bad? The possibilities are endless with villains.
6. This novel is quite graphic in terms of language, sex and violence. Was this essential to the novel? Why?
a. Was it essential? I don’t know but it sure was fun. I figured I could either water it down or go all out. Seeing as this was fiction I thought I would go all out. Hopefully it is as fun to read for others as it was for me.
7. What is your dream casting?
a. Dream cast. Wow. Don’t hold this to me however.
i. Melody - Jaimie Alexander
ii. Liam - Garrett Hedlund
8. What do you do in your spare time?
a. I outline novel ideas that I don’t think I will ever get time to finish…or start for that matter.
9. What is your favorite novel?
a. My favorite novel has to be Pride and Prejudice
10. What would you say to my blog audience to get my readers to read your novel?
a. Take a chance, readers. Allow yourself to walk on the dark side for a moment see what it would be like if you could have anything in the world. Imagine walking into a room and everyone parted ways for you. Imagine being on top of the world….that is the life of Liam and Melody.
Stalk JJ. McAvoy