To All The Authors I Have Loved


A letter of appreciation to all the authors I have loved.



To All The Authors I have loved,

Thank you for making a work work of art that has been with me up until 4AM. I knew I should've stopped reading because I had classes tomorrow, but you just had to make such an amazing book that makes it hard for me to put down. Thank you for giving me my best friends. Although some of them I never had anything in common,  you still had this magical ability to make me feel like we did. Thank you for creating wonderful stories that made me believe in happily-ever-afters, the power of positive thinking and how one small act of kindness can change a person's lives.

Thank you to the writers of my school books, especially the law ones. I know it may seem that I never appreciate your works. I do, it's just that sometimes you use very deep words that make it almost impossible for me to understand what you're trying to say. Despite this, know that I never truly hated you. You inspire me to study more in order to understand what those deep words mean and in the future, I could fully appreciate everything you've written. You may have endangered my grades from time to time, but know that I still love all these books, because they are a representation of what I could be able to achieve if I am just willing to give it my all.

Thank you to all the romance writers out there. You guys have given me my first love. You gave me characters who made my heart skip a beat, who made me feel beautiful not because of how I look but because of who I am. When I do experience love in real life, I now have an inkling of what to expect.

To all the writers who had the guts to end their books with sad endings, I applaud you. You were the ones who made me realize that although life may not have a cookie cutter happy ending, there are still things to be happy about. Life may not happen exactly as how you wanted it to be, but you need to look at the brighter things in life. Either you let that event break you or you'll take it as something to motivate you into becoming a better person.  Thank you for teaching me this valuable life lesson, I will never forget it.

Thank you to all the authors who have been a part of my life, you may never know how big of an impact you made, and this letter could never encompass all the gratefulness I feel but just know that I would never be the person I am today without all the books I have devoured.
I thank all of you from the very bottom of my romantic heart.

From a wide-eyed reader, 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment