How To: Start Up Your Own Blog




When I first started blogging about a year ago, I didn't know anything about blogging. I was a complete beginner and it was so funny looking back because although I haven't been really blogging for a long time, I did learn a few things, which I would like to share with you guys. Because when you're just new to blogging it may seem daunting especially if you don't have anyone who can help you with. So here are some tips that I learned along the way that may help you!

1. Platform

When choosing whether to use Blogger or Wordpress first make sure if you're really in it for the long haul or not. Blogger is great for beginners and it's also free and you can edit the design to your liking. Wordpress is better but you have to pay some fees. It is also free but to enjoy it better you do have to pay for it. So my best advice is if you're still unsure whether you'll be doing it for a long time or not, you could start with Blogger and if you do really want to do it for a long time, then you could move to Wordpress.

2. Theme

Choosing a theme for your blog is one of the easiest yet hardest thing to do in my opinion. I chose Books because I love them and I can talk endlessly about it and not feel tired.


My best tip: Choose something you love and enjoy
If you choose something that you love and enjoy, writing about it would come easier to you and a lot more fun!


3. Making Friends

In blogging you need to make connections and talk to other people in your community so you would be able to expand your audience and at the same time make friends. The easiest way is to join groups or tags that cater specifically to the theme that you have. Since you are just starting out, it's better to be friends with other people who are just starting out too because you'll be able to relate to each other more. 


4. Blog Design

When I first started my blog, I had the typical template which you get from blogger and I was so proud of it! But when I started looking up other people's blogs I realized mine wasn't that pretty at all. 

I looked up Blog Designers and they all have lovely designs but the problem is I don't have the funds to pay them. So instead of paying a designer to prettify my blog, I decided to learn everything my own. If you do choose this route,  things would definitely be harder but you'll feel a sense of accomplishment every time you add something pretty to your blog. If you choose to pay someone to make your Blog Design or you choose to do it your own it doesn't really matter. The most important thing is that your blog design should represent you because your blog would be all about you and your interests. 



4. Blog Posts


My first ever blog post has been deleted already because it was pretty embarrassing but it was basically me saying hi and that was it. When you are just starting out, thinking of what to post is extremely frustrating the best tip that I can give you is just to say hi and tell people what your blog would be about. 

So now that you've done that, the next step is when to post. Personally, what works best for me is having a schedule on what certain things I'll post depending on the day to make things more organized. Try having a schedule on when to post so it would be easier.


So here are some of the tips that I can give you there are a whole lot more but I'll put that in another post. Hope you guys like it and keep blogging! 
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment