How To Get Over Reader's Block



When I first started reviewing books last year on Goodreads, I have never imagined I would ever feel that I could not review a book much less feel tired to read one. I always felt that I could read books everyday and review after.

On the first year of reviewing, all was according to plan. I could review books without any problems and I almost reviewed books every other day! I never really felt things would change but recently reviewing books is getting harder for me. Sometimes I would even feel that reading is turning into a chore instead of something I do for fun. 

So if you're going through a reader's block or has been through one, here are some tips that you could use to get out of that rut you're in and continue reading!

1. TAKE A BREAK 


It's hard for me to admit but there is a thing called as "Too Much Reading". So take a breather and this will surely help.

2. FIND THE ONE


So I guess you're thinking the one? Who's The One? Well dear grasshopper, The One is that one book you've always been wanting to read but due to some unknown force, you never did. Now is the time to pick that book up and take the plunge. 

3. FIND A REBOUND


When someone's in a relationship, sometimes what a person does is find a rebound to help get over the heartbreak. While this is something I discourage I think it's perfectly fine in the case of books. All you need is find a book randomly and read it. 

Rebound Books:



4. GET OUT OF YOUR COMFORT ZONE


This is something I have personally tried and worked wonders for me. If you are the kind of person that always sticks to one genre when reading, try to read something you usually don't and maybe you'll get a surprise of a lifetime.

5. GO BACK TO WHAT YOU LOVE


This is another tip that I have tried and never failed me. If you can't find a new book that really interests you, then read books that you've read before that really convinced you that reading is something you love doing.


6. TRY BUDDY READING


If you're not familiar with buddy reading, it's similar to reading with a book club but you only read with one person. This is perfect if you want to discuss books with a smaller group.

So here are few of the things that I have tried which cured my Reader's Block. If you have other tips that you've tried and worked for you, comment it down below!
post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment